Thursday, December 31, 2009

Keg stand

12/31/09 Keg tap, given away

I love to party.

...I'll wait while you all stop laughing...

Before you so quickly dismiss my funk-i-tude, I want to know, Dear Readers, how many of you once owned your own keg tap? Huh?

That's what I thought. While you've gone through life renting taps whenever you host a kegger, I had my own, personal Bronco Pump. Which I last used about sixteen years ago.

That is not to say, however, that my disco days ended in college. In fact, I once jogged through a Rave in New York City. Let's repeat that: I once jogged through a Rave. C'mon, that's hardcore. (And it's a bizarre story you should ask me about sometime.)

Admittedly, my wild lifestyle has slowed in recent years. In fact, Joanna and I have taken to celebrating Greenwich Mean Time New Years, enabling us to usher in the new year at 7PM and then go to bed. Okay, the wild lifestyle has really slowed.

I'm still connected to some serious partiers, though, and I know that the Bronco Pump lives to serve. My friend, let's call her Lady Dorn, is preparing for a wedding in 2010, up in The County in northern Maine. They certainly know how to throw a wedding up there, so I've mailed my keg tap up to participate in the festivities. I know, Ms. Dorn, you'll treat it right.

As for now, it's 9:35 on New Year's Eve, which means they celebrated the beginning of 2010 in Greenwich two and a half hours ago. Whew, time for bed.

Happy New Year, Dear Readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment