Wednesday, December 2, 2009

eBay comes through!

12/2/09 The final three die cast Star Wars vehicles (Millennium Falcon, X-Wing, Landspeeder), sold on eBay for $9.60

Last summer we had a big yard sale. The idea for the Downsizing Challenge was germinating, but hadn't yet sprouted, unfortunately. Thus, all the stuff I got rid of left my possession without proper accounting or credit.

But, no yard sale is 100% successful, and we did have a few things that didn't sell. Among the left-overs was a shoebox full of ten die cast Star Wars vehicles. I'd had them since I was a kid, but since they were smaller than the regular Kenner vehicles and didn't work with the action figures (speaking of which, here's my new favorite blog), I never played with them much.

For the yard sale, I priced them to move, offering up the entire box of ten ships for $10. Who could resist?!?

Shockingly, everyone.

Only one person all day expressed interest, and he tried to talk me down from the already bargain basement price. Actually, when I rejected his first offer, I was sure he'd still snatch them up, or at least come back with a counteroffer. But, he walked away.

Well, today I sold the final die cast ships from that box. While that dude last summer could have had all of them for $10, I sold them in four sets (the other 3 sets are documented here, here, and here) on eBay for a gloriously grand total of $62.50.

My first Star Wars sales on eBay netted me 99 cents. (Relive the excitement here.) My next sale was for $5.50, but I found that whiningly disappointing since the R2-D2 rocket seemed so unique!

eBay rebounded in a big way with the die cast vehicles, however, and I don't even mind that I can't rub it in that yard sale guy's face. The cold, hard cash is enough of a reward. Cha-ching.

No comments:

Post a Comment