Sunday, December 6, 2009

Rack 'em up

12/6/09 Two CD racks (one homemade, one store bought), given away on craigslist

Now that I'm on the way to digitizing all of my music, my need for CD racks has been greatly reduced.

I would have guessed that my offer for a free, homemade CD rack on craigslist might have garnered interest from some forty-something dude with the complete works of Led Zeppelin who was working to spruce up his double wide trailer. Who else would have CDs and want to organize them?

The surprise answer was a very polite teen from Gray. My craigslist post only mentioned the CD rack I made, but when he arrived, I remembered I also had a large plastic one in the shed, which I also offered him. He took them both.

"Ah, I can do something with these," he kept saying, as if we were going to redesign them. Maybe he will turn them into iPod racks, which seems more appropriate for 2009.

An iPod rack... hmm, maybe I need to make myself one of those...

2 comments:

  1. Digitize away. After the cyberspace revolution, some of us will still have cds and dvds to use with our now low tech machines. You won't even be able to use that Ipod as a bookmark in your Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, at least I know who I can give my remaining CDs and DVDs to!

    ReplyDelete