Saturday, December 12, 2009

Showering with the family

12/12/09 Two boxes of flower bulbs, given away

We began the week with a baby shower at my school, and today we ended the week with a baby shower at my folks' home. Oh, little Chase, you shall be well outfitted.

My sister Katie organized this grand event around the theme Go Green. Good choice, Sis. Great food, family from all over the state (and New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Connecticut), and a killer carrot cake. After the party, my parents even took us out for a delicious pre-Christmas dinner.

A wonderful time was had by all.

As today's downsize, I took two boxes of flower bulbs over with us, since my Dad is gardener-extraordinaire, and more likely to use them than we are. It turned out that my grandmother specifically needs to replant some lilly-of-the-valley, so that box went home with her. (Aren't we cute in that picture?)

The other box I gave away contained paper white bulbs. Guess what the party favors were? At Katie's suggestion, Dad had forced paper white bulbs for everyone who came to the shower. Is there some kind of clairvoyance going on within my family?

So, we left a box of bulbs with my family, and came home with four that are already starting to bloom. We also came home with a whole lotta other stuff, all of it just as green as the paper whites.

Thanks, everyone. We're definitely feeling the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment