Monday, December 7, 2009

Showering at work

12/7/09 Wood burning kit, given away

Today I downsized a wood burning kit by giving it to the children of one of the kindergarten teachers at my school. Abby, Libby, Andrew, and Matthew Fleming gladly accepted the early Christmas gift, and promised not to burn down their house with it. They're good kids; I trust them.

Twenty minutes after parting with that, I was presented with all of this:

Wow.

None of the gifts were really for me, however, so this is not a setback. Rather, my wonderful colleagues at the Guy E. Rowe Elementary School hosted a fantastic baby shower for Joanna and me, at which they showered us with gifts for our son-in-waiting.

It would appear that Chase -- great name, I know -- is not as committed to downsizing as I am, which is fine. I'm not even jealous of the great stuff he got. Plus, when he's not looking, I'm going to read the books anyway.

Appropriately enough, the final gift we opened was a set of blocks from the Flemings. I especially appreciated their handmade card. I promise not to downsize it anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment