Thursday, December 10, 2009

One fan to another

12/10/09 Return of the Jedi comic, given away

Ah, it's good to see kids being raised right these days. Take for example young Casey, who is properly fanatic about Star Wars. Thirty-two years ago, when I was his age, I was among the first generation of Star Wars geeks. I love to see the legions grow.

I've written several times about my great friend Vance (here, here, here), who passed away last year. Casey is his nephew, so the young whipper snapper was a prime target to be a downsizing beneficiary. Plus, it is the season of giving.

The even better part is that I actually had two identical issues of this classic comic. So, I've got my copy, and Casey (once the U.S. Postal Service gets it to him) has his own copy. We should coordinate simultaneous readings.

The torch is yours, Casey. Carry it well!

No comments:

Post a Comment