Wednesday, December 16, 2009

White Elephant

12/16/09 Cat statuette, given away

Oh, no they didn't!

The social committee at my school planned a Holiday Party, complete with White Elephant gift exchange, and they expected, just because I had to skip it in order to go to Joanna's doctor appointment, that I wouldn't use the opportunity to get rid of something nobody wants?!? They do not know me well enough.

I left my gift -- a wooden-metal-cat-sculpture-thing -- with Jane, my Assistant Principal, with the clear instructions that someone was to go home with it, and I was NOT accepting any gift in return.

I'm praying that when I walk into my office tomorrow, nothing has been left for me.

Editor's Note, 12/18/09: Predictably, I walked into my office the next day and found a gift bag with five gifts (and I use that term very loosely) that were left over from the staff holiday party. I can take a joke. By noon, I'd already downsized all but one of them. The last, battery-powered Christmas lights, will be part of my professional attire today, but shall be out of my possession by day's end, guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment