Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Downsize, Part II

12/19/09 Four nonfiction books, Six children's books, given away

As we look out at the wintery landscape of our woodsy property, I feel a tinge of pity for those people who need to spend Christmas (or Hanukkah) in places with no snow. Thus, the need to send some downsizing cheer to our Southern Friends.

Specifically, Jason, Jenny, and little Bella in Atlanta.

From as far as I can tell, not only do they not have winter in Atlanta, I'm not even sure they acknowledge the month of December. Well, we New Englanders will have none of that. I braved the nightmare that is the U.S. Post Office on the Saturday before Christmas -- had to break up two fights -- to send a collection of great books to J, J, & B.

Despite my love of books, I've decided that the Downsizing Challenge calls for ruthless culling of the written word. These books are all fantastic, but if I ever need to read them again (or read them to the little guy who's on the way), I know a great library where I can borrow copies. In the meantime, I'm happy to share the wealth.

Besides, one of the books was entitled White Death. If that doesn't scream, "Happy Holidays," I don't know what does.

No comments:

Post a Comment