Monday, January 25, 2010

Back to the drawing board

1/25/10 Drawing board & seven maternity shirts, returned

Joanna and I have had the most wonderful weekend, since we've enjoyed the services of a live-in nanny. Or should I say, "Nanna."

My mom spent the last two days with us, helping us as we adjust to life with a baby. In addition to bringing three meals (lovingly cooked by my sister), she vacuumed, did laundry, washed dishes, scrubbed every inch of the bathroom, and even washed our entire basement floor. She was also a champion at calming Chase when he got fussy and assisted Joanna with the kid's first bath at home.

Mom, can you stay forever?

After all that, I can't let her leave empty handed, now can I?

As I worked on yesterday's basement reorganization, I discovered a heavy-duty drawing board I had borrowed from her years ago. Little chance I'll be doing any intensive drawing in the near future, so it's back to the art room with that.

Joanna had borrowed a number of maternity shirts from my sister, so she also collected those, and we'll send that bag back with Mom, too.

Tomorrow it's back to the real world of parenting, with Joanna and I having to do all the work of raising this little critter. Sure hope we're up to it.

Fortunately, I know Mom will be back, at the drop of a hat, any time we need her. Chase, you don't know how lucky you are...

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for pictures of Jo!

    I don't know who looks more radiant, the Mom or the Grandmom. There is clearly a lot of love floating around that kitchen.

    (Although I will say, and you should feel free to pass it along, that your mother does not look old enough to be a grandmother THREE times). And I am NOT just fishing for a lobster dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that kind of talk WILL get you a lobster dinner at 263 Main St., Winthrop!

    ReplyDelete