Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Good sports


1/26/10 Two tennis racquets, sold at Play It Again Sports for $6; Two pairs of roller blades and pads, donated to Goodwill

We had four tennis racquets, and we only need two. That's an easy downsize.

We have roller blades and we live on a dirt road. That's even easier.

Quick note: I'd been planning to take some old sports stuff to Play It Again Sports, which is a used sports store that buys back equipment, for quite some time. It was a surprise to me, however, that they took two very old tennis racquets (one of which was warped) but would not take our roller blades, which, to my mind, seemed far more marketable. Apparently, the current rage in in-line skates has to do with 'soft boots.' Surprise, I'm a bit behind the times.

Fortunately, the lady at Goodwill grabbed the roller blades from me with enthusiasm. She knew value when she saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment