Friday, January 29, 2010

Having a ball

1/29/10 Seven tennis balls, given away

With (some of) our tennis racquets downsized, what do I need tennis balls for? Plus, others might make the great argument that since these tennis balls have been removed from their canister, they'll be too flat to use next summer, anyway.

Hah, you think flat tennis balls affect my game? You clearly haven't seen me play.

Nonetheless, I prefer to use tennis balls for their intended purpose: playing fetch with dogs.

I don't have a dog. Joanna and I debated about getting a dog or having a kid. If you've been paying attention, you know which side of that argument we came down on. The jury is out on whether it was the right choice, but we're sticking by it.

Thus, these seven tennis balls are headed to my Uncle Kenny and Aunt Bobbi's place, where they can be used by my cousin's dog, Scout, next summer. As you may recall from this post, Kenny and Bobbi own the most wonderful camp in the world, a playground for people and dogs alike.

When I was younger, I did have a dog, a professional barking machine named Waggles. Waggles loved our frequent visits to camp, almost as much as he loved chasing after balls. Tennis balls weren't good for him, since he'd tear them apart within minutes, but I'm sure Scout has a bit more restraint.

Or, if not, at least he's now got seven tennis balls to go through.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, did we miss Saturday's post? That's where I was going to send the Happy Birthday Wishes (seeing as my rule against making the phone ring in a newborn's household is rock solid).

    In any case, have a great one. I think eating cake counts as downsizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, CRM, I totally screwed up. Thanks for the b-day wishes, but I can't believe I just forgot to post yesterday. See 1/31/10 for my lame excuses...

    ReplyDelete