Monday, January 4, 2010

On target

1/4/10 Cookie tin, given away

Over the Christmas Holiday, a colleague of mine posted a request on our school email for cookie tins for his son.

Was he, perhaps, helping his boy learn the domestic arts of cooking and baking?

Don't be silly, this is Maine. He needs it for target practice.

Well, I'm happy to hand over a cookie tin for this worthy cause. (Goodness knows I won't be using it to practice any domestic arts.)

This also gives me the opportunity to share my favorite student quote so far this year.

I walked into a fourth grade classroom and stumbled upon a cluster of boys in the midst of a conversation about BB guns. A young gentleman, we shall call him Ray, rather sheepishly admitted,"Well, I shot a chipmunk four times."

Very long pause.

"I didn't mean to kill it."

Okay...

I replied with the only thing I could think to say at the moment.

"Ah, Ray, let me tell you something. If you shot something four times, you meant to kill it."

He just smiled. Get that boy a cookie tin.

No comments:

Post a Comment