Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Welcoming new Maineiacs

1/6/10 Three Maine guidebooks, given away

Joanna loves to travel, and she loves guidebooks. Over the years, we've had many guidebooks, although I can proudly say we've downsized the majority of them already.

Interestingly, when we moved to Maine, Joanna even bought guidebooks about my home state, which I desperately tried not to take as an insult to my native knowledge. We did put them to use, and had several adventures that were inspired by the information within.

However, I think Joanna has fully absorbed all there is to learn. Indeed, while she may have only spent one quarter as many years in Maine as I have, she has developed an absolutely encyclopedic knowledge of the state. Seriously, this woman knows Portland better than a cabbie.

Thus informed, we are ready to pass on our Maine guidebooks, which I did today to one of my colleagues, Julia. Julia teaches third grade at my school and her husband, coincidentally, teaches at Joanna's school. (Don't I keep proving that Maine is a small place?) The two of them moved here a year ago from the Southwest, presumably to get closer to his home.

No, he's not from Lewiston. He's from Ireland.

Hey, it is closer.

Since neither of them are native Mainers, they were an obvious target for this downsize.

Happy exploring, Julia. I hope the guidebooks lead you on many interesting adventures. (But if you get lost in Portland, forget the books. Call Joanna.)

No comments:

Post a Comment